As I’ve moved into my dorm, and summer has come to an end, I want to dedicate this post to the only thing that matters in life: ice cream (you know it’s true)! Coming from a big, ice-cream-loving family, I’d say I’m a bit of a snob when it comes to my favorite dessert!! Each summer comes with an adventure to search for another ice cream store, and I decided I would share some of my favorites…
- Plainwell Ice Cream (Plainwell) : This one is my go-to. It’s a short drive from my house, so I’ve been there at least once a week this summer… or four times a week (yes, it happened, and I’m only a little ashamed). With ice cream made in the store, it’s worth feeling guilty!! Fav flavor: Mud Pie (coffee with fudge swirls and Oreo)
- Station 66 (Battle Creek) : Station 66 is a new one for me, but I really dig it. They’ve got Hudsonville ice cream AND some homemade flavors & waffle cones!! Fav flavor: Scout’s Honor (mint ice cream with chocolate and Thin Mint cookies)
- The Scoop (Frankfort) : My family goes to Frankfort every summer for a couple of days, and we can’t leave without going to The Scoop more than once! It’s Moomers ice cream *BLESS*, and they rotate the flavors every day so there’s always something new to try. Note: you can’t go wrong trying a new flavor here. Ever. There’s also homemade (and chocolate dipped!) cones!! Fav flavor: Peanut Butter Oreo
- Sherman’s Ice Cream (South Haven) : After a long day at the beach, it feels amazing to unwind with a little ice cream therapy.. And Sherman’s does just that. And then some. No doubt, it is hands-down some of the largest scoops of ice cream I have ever witnessed!!! Order the single if you’re really in the mood, and order a double if you’re actually insane (or mix up the sizes, like me). Fav flavor: Chocomania (with a water bottle in tow, because chocolate)
- House of Flavors (Ludington) : This one is pretty well-known across the board, especially now since they broke the record for the longest/largest (?) sundae! If you can’t tell by the name, they have a pretty solid variety of flavors. The line is normally going out the door- it’s that popular. ‘Nuff said. Fav flavor: Michigan Pot Hole (chocolate with fudge cookie swirl and chocolate fudge cups)
Hope this helped you find some new ice cream hotspots! OR SHOULD I SAY COLD?
Forget the horrible joke I just tried making, and comment below if you have any suggestions for me to try out!!